NOT JUST A WORD, BUT A WAY OF LIFE
Nomac Health, Safety, and Environmental Mission
“Nomac’s greatest asset is our employees, and our expectation is that all Nomac employees and contract personnel will passionately accept individual and collective safety and loss prevention responsibilities in order to achieve our objective of an incident-free environment. By fulfilling our HSE responsibilities everyone will share the prosperity that a safe workplace brings.”
Management Team – Nomac Drilling, LLC.
FRONT LINE DRIVENAt Nomac, we believe that our employees, the “Front Line” defense, are key to the success of our safety programs. That’s why Nomac invests in best-in-class safety training, competency, and behavior based programs. We believe that the actions of our employees not only prevent personal harm or harm to others, but fosters environmental stewardship and a healthy workplace. We believe that our safety programs, combined with our operational goals, along with supporting and empowering our employees to achieve those goals will continue Nomac’s position as leader in safe and efficient drilling operations.
Incident prevention is an on-going process, that’s why we:
- ACT Nomac: Accountability, Communication & Teamwork
- Conduct comprehensive New Employee Orientation
- Include IADC Rig Pass/SafeLand training.
- Follow up with our Short Service Employee program.
- Implemented a strong Crew Competency Development and Verification program.
- Empower our “Front Line” to call a Stop Task / Stop Work whenever they feel that a job cannot be completed incident free.
- Support team development site specific JSA / Work Plans.
- Established a strong Behavior Based Safety (BBS) program.
- Require site leaders to complete a high level of Well Control Competency through IADC’s WellSharp.